Living room decor ideas for a modern household can serve more than just one purpose, by making them a perfect mix of a contemporary and updated home. Using a lot of natural sunlight, with lighter color shades, keeping the environment more serene, cool, and calm. Escaping from the hustling city noise and having a paradise in your own zen.
The 8 ideas mentioned below can inspire you to implement them in your own way., by making sophisticated upgrades. Also exploring with new styles like bohemian, contemporary, etc. and using them in a modern way.
Living Room Decor Ideas:
- Sometimes doing less, seems more in terms of living room decor. A lot of clutter or too many artifacts shall make space look messy and smaller. With the average homes shrinking in size, having movable and multi-functional furniture helps. Utilizing practical and portable furniture which can be moved around and keep changing the look of the space is recommended.
- Decorate your living room with indoor plants, like jade, money plant, rubber plant, spider plant, philodendrons, etc. If you have a larger area, you could use large potted plants in the corner. The smaller plants can be hung in fancy hanging pots or kept on tabletops as a centerpiece. Along with adding zest to your home, plants also purify the surrounding air, remove harmful pollutants from it.
- Mounting of the Tv units on walls is finally getting out of style, Firstly, it spoils the wall. Secondly, everything else needs to be adjusted according to the placement of the tv. This will leave the wall free to hang paintings or photographs.
- Adding statement carpets to the living area brings out colors in the furniture. a lot of people have nowadays opted for wooden flooring. But when it comes to creating a cozy environment it has to be a statement carpet. The most popular ones being the tartans, strips, and patterned carpet. You can simply pick out a few shades from the decor and match your carpet with it.
Furniture Design Ideas:
- Using white furnishing in a compact or comparatively smaller space will make the area look larger. Creating use for the negative space effect, making it appear larger.
- Having a statement piece, every living room needs that. There is always room for an antique, to make the entire setting stand out. May it even be a large potted plant or an uprooted tree.
- Velvet sofas have been in demand for a few years now, and still, are since 2018. It depicts a feeling of luxury, softness, and warmth, especially on sofas. Velvet has that enticing nature of making you want to touch it, and melt in its softness. Shades like purple, emerald green, orange, and dark red have been very in. They give the area setting a bolder look.
- Having a corner sofa, or a side chair gives the area a very relaxed look. You may go for velvet again, or even rustic colors give a nice comfortable feel to it. These are good for a short or small place.